In attendance: Michelle Branton, Kileene Collins, Jennifer Walker, Grayson Gordon, Bruce Cavitt, Angela Marcak, Karla Bean, Scott Schneider, Bill Brown, Laurie Wall, Sylvia Kuhlmeier, Kris Brinkerhoff, CJ Collins, and Jared Cates.
- Provided highlights on his recent trip to China with SGA President Sydney McBride and Board of Governors’ members Carrie Tergin and Joe Carmichael. The six West Plains students studying in China for fall 2016 are doing fantastic; three participated in the campus’ annual talent show. The university’s study abroad programs present a great opportunity for students.
- A new video featuring inspirational stories from Missouri State-West Plains graduates is viewable online through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC4VazHtO6Y. Please share on social media. It will be shown at the Glass Sword Theater through the month of November.
- Community Engagement Fair, today, Nov. 3 from 10am-1pm at Rec. Center
- Friday, November 4 Red Carpet Day
- Dr. Renee Moore
- Shared a power point that she presented to Admin. Council regarding support for faculty and staff. Jacob Poulette has begun collecting issues and solutions from the faculty and they invite staff to send ours and they will be added to their list in hopes of providing us a little more support, if possible.
- In discussions with Ryan Williams from Staff Senate in Springfield regarding a staff survey/evaluation and mission statement.
President Elect Report:
- No report given
- From Admin. Council:
- Reminder about Open Enrollment and HRA, to get them completed before Dec. 1
- New policy prohibits the recreational use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) or drones on all university-owned property or during university-sponsored events. An application is required for anyone seeking to use a UAS for university purposes.
- $729.64 in our account
- Submitted $175 for Lee Denim Day, and expecting more to follow
- Raised $181 for the Chili Cook-Off, and still collecting more.
- Garnett Library: Friday, Nov. 4, Fashion Show fundraiser at the Country Club and a Crowd Funding online donation event coming soon.
- IT: BDMS update this weekend.
- TRiO: 40 students attended the “Paint your nails pink” event for Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Student Life: SGA raised $41 for Breast Cancer Awareness; Halloween party was a success, with about 65 students participating; 212 students attended the first basketball home game; Resident Life Manager on campus interviews being scheduled.
- Staff priority issues/needs to be presented to Faculty Senate, to present on our behalf: The need of a Web Programmer, Instructional Designer, and someone to oversee and maintain Degree Works.