In attendance: Michelle Branton, Kileene Collins, Jennifer Walker, Moiria Seiber, Janet Surface, Grayson Gordon, Alexandra Graham, Bruce Cavitt, Angela Marcak, Othniel Emunah, Jared Cates, Laurie Wall, Jill Stephens, CJ Collins, Sylvia Kuhlmeier, and Scott Schneider
- Dr. Bennett
- Sept. 1 Improv Comedy show at Civic Center 7pm; Staff will be granted 1 free ticket each
- Grizzly Booster Club memberships available at a discounted rate for staff. $125 includes your family.
- Volleyball season has kicked off (Record 3-1 from first tourn.) Sept. 9 first homegame with a BBQ provided by Almost Famous BBQ, prior to the game. BBQ and Volleyball game are both FREE for all.
President’s Report: Michelle recently met with Ryan Wilson, Staff Senate Chair from Springfield campus. Conversations and researching the possibility of our Staff Senate merging with Springfield as one unified group. More information will be shared in future.
President Elect Report: Not present, no report
Secretary Report: No report given
Treasurer Report: $558.64
- Student Life
- Welcome back picnic had over 300 participants
- SGA cabinet members have been chosen; Meetings are every Thursday in Melton 211 at 4pm
- New game ticket program and Jared has the student tickets printed for distribution
- Sept. 20 Blood Drive 12pm-5pm
- Oct. 11 Student Leaders/Honors Ice Cream Social from 5:30pm-7pm at the Richard’s House
- Career Development
- Volunteer Opportunity: Oct. 8 Ozarks Buddy Walk; Contact Moiria Seiber for more information
- Revision of Staff Senate Mission Statement was shared. Watch your email for the opportunity to vote on approval of the revision.
- Hass-Darr Update
- September 9 & 10 revised dates for current post office to vacate
Old Business: Revision of Staff Senate Mission Statement is tabled until decision is made regarding the merge with Springfield Staff Senate
New Business: Meeting day and time will remain the first Thursday of every month in Lybyer 104-104 at 10:30am