She’ll Be Comin’ ‘Round The Mountain When She Comes

Well, finals are here, and I’m pretty excited!! No, that was not sarcastic.. I really am excited for my finals! Last semester I had about 6 finals to take, and each class was an advanced class, (for a freshman) but this semester, I have 5 and each class is sooo easy!! Especially because I have a take-home (open book and open notes) final, and a final over how to use a computer.. But this doesn’t mean I don’t have to study. For those of you who don’t know me, I am an over-achiever. I strive to do my best and I strive to do everything possible (or impossible). I work full-time (overnights) at a nursing home, I keep a 3.5+ grade point average (GPA), I am an Ambassador for the university, I am a representative for Student Government, I volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, I am running for Future Alumni President, I was recently offered a job here at the university as Campus Media Services Coordinator, and I am enrolled in the nursing program to obtain my RN (ASN). However, being a registered nurse isn’t my career goal; I want to be a psychiatrist. Which will require me to get my Bachelor’s in Psychology (or Chemistry, Biology, or any other science department), go to medical school to become licensed to prescribe medications, go through a residency program (similar to job-shadowing, but I will be paid), and then apply for jobs!! It is a long and difficult process, but it starts somewhere!! It starts with good grades in high school, good grades ALL through college to get into medical school, and good performance to get a good job.

I’m getting side-tracked… Anyway, not only am I excited for finals and the 2014 fall semester, but I’m also excited for SUMMER CLASSES!!! Ever since elementary school (NOT pronounced el-eh-men-tree) I have gone to summer school. Not because I loved school (well, somewhat..) but because I got to spend time with my friends, and I had something to keep me busy. I don’t like having nothing to do; like my father and his father, I am a hard worker.

So, this will be my first ever summer school as a college student!! And I can’t wait! I really doubt it will be as (seemingly) difficult as “normal” college, but I will definitely be posting more later (after I start classes)!

For me, excitement is in the air; and I’m even shaky trying to type this! haha :D

Well, as for finals, may the odds be–well, you know.

This entry was posted in Journalists, Tyler Tooley. Bookmark the permalink.