Oooo! A distraction!

I survived the first week! I like most of my classes; there’s only one I’m really concerned about. I’ve mostly gotten into the hang of things, but let me tell you, there is a huge difference between taking classes at home and taking them while living in a dorm. I’ll give a few quick examples…..

1. “Alright! Everything is all set up! I’ve got my textbooks, my notebooks and pens, lets do th-”

“Myriah! We are going to the store! Want to come?”

“Uhh… no, I really shoudn-”

“We are going out to dinner after!”

“SOLD.”

2. “OK. I’m back, and I lost a few hours, but now it’s time to get down to business”

“Woof.”

“Oh my gosh…. Look at that face. It’s so cute. I’m just going to play with my doggy for a little bit- oh my gosh it’s been three hours.”

3. “I finally woke up early! The house is quiet, and it’s time to get this stuff done!”

(I get everything set up, knock out a few assignments in an hour, and then BANG the house is alive. There are barking dogs, whining sisters, mothers making meals, fathers watching cheesy TV shows, and it gets really noisy… so you move your stuff upstairs… and on your last trip, you start to think “Hey, this show is kind of funny after all… Ha! That was good! I bet a few minutes wouldn’t hurt- oh my gosh it’s been three hours.”)

So, that’s a taste of what it’s been like for me at home. I’ve been dealing with the distractions of dorm living for so long that I don’t really remember how to work around the ones I have at home anymore. As always, it’s a learning experience. (:

This entry was posted in Journalists, Myriah Mestas. Bookmark the permalink.