Missouri State University is happy to announce the new Microsoft Student Advantage program. Because of the University’s enterprise agreement with Microsoft, students are able to download and install Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus desktop applications at no additional cost. This gives students the latest version of Office.
Where can I download Office 365 ProPlus?
Instructions for installing the software and managing licenses are available on the Experts Wiki page Office 365 ProPlus for Students Download Instructions. You can use Office 365 ProPlus on up to 5 devices. Downloads are available for the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows
- Apple OS X
- Mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone
Students can find download instructions for Office 365 ProPlus at:
Who is eligible?
Any student who is currently enrolled in classes at Missouri State University. Faculty, staff, and alumni are not eligible for this program.
What benefits does Office 365 ProPlus provide?
- A digital download of Office 365 ProPlus to install on PC/Mac for up to 5 devices
- Office 365 ProPlus stays up to date with the latest releases from Microsoft (currently Office Professional Plus 2013 for Windows and 2011 for Mac)
- Office Mobile access for iOS and Android devices
- Create and store documents locally on your computer
- Connect your student email account to the Outlook desktop client, opening more features to use with your email and calendars
What software can I download?
For Microsoft Windows, you can download the full suite of applications. This includes Microsoft Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Lync.
For Apple OS X, you can download Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac, which includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote.
Mobile Office 365 for iPhone, iPads, Android, and Windows phone devices can be used to perform limited editing of Microsoft Word and Excel documents and can view documents.
What happens when I graduate or leave Missouri State University?
Once you have left the University, your Microsoft Office ProPlus subscription will end and the software will no longer be usable.
Resources to learn Office products
Microsoft IT Academy
Missouri State University full-time staff, faculty, students, and alumni can access free online training through Microsoft’s IT Academy. See the Microsoft IT Academy page for information and to request access to Microsoft IT Academy.
Microsoft Online Tutorials
Training for the 2013 applications can be found at Microsoft Office Training site.