We are open, Grizzlies!
Look for the Tutor Talk Writing Help button.
- Chat with a Tutor. Look for the Tutor Talk Writing Help button.
- Use the Online Writing Lab. Written feedback will be returned to your BearPass email within 24 hours.
- Chat with a Tutor. Look for the Math Help Tutor Talk button.
- Call the Math Lab at 417-255-7248.
- Tutoring also is available for Accounting, Chemistry, Computer Information Systems, Math and Political Science.
Check with your instructor for details.
Online Math Lab
Math Tutoring Hours
Monday-Thursday – 8 AM-9 PM
Friday – 8 AM-5 PM
Chat with one of our Math Tutors for help with your mathematics courses.
About the Online Math Lab
The mission of the Online Math Lab is to provide a learning environment where students can learn about math while actually doing math. Tutors believe learning to do math is a process that uses the problems assigned by the student’s professor as a foundation for expanding the ability of the student to understand and perform the process of math itself.For answers to quick questions, click on the Tutor Talk button to chat with a tutor in real time.
Online Writing Lab (OWL)
About the Online Writing Lab
The mission of the Online Writing Lab is to provide a learning environment where students can learn about writing in writing. Tutors believe writing is a process, using the student’s writing as the basis for that work. Therefore, receiving feedback from a tutor is only one step in the larger process of writing. A visit to the OWL should not be seen as the final step in the process. For a more in-depth consultation about a paper, please send your paper directly to: WPOWL@MissouriState.edu. When a paper is sent to the Missouri State University-West Plains OWL, a team of tutors receives it. One will claim your paper and respond within 24 hours.
When sending a paper via email, please answer the following questions in the email:
- For what class is the paper?
- Who is your instructor for this assignment?
- What is the assignment?
If you have an electronic copy of your assignment, please attach it to the email message. If not, fully explain the assignment.
- How can we help you?
- It is helpful if you ask two or three specific questions in this message. The more exact you can be about the kind of assistance you need, the better we can help you.
Please attach your paper in the email. You should get a response within 24 hours.
For a quick consultation, please click on the Tutor Talk button below.
Chat with one of our Writing Tutors for writing help!