2018/2/1 – 10:30 AM in Cass Hall Conference Room
- Laurie Wall, Bruce Cavitt, Jennifer Walker, Jared Cates, Mike Scheidt, Kileene Collins, Anyta Cavitt, Sharon Holland, Mary Kellum, Grayson Gordon, Sherath Rongali, Jill Stephens, Susan Turner, Rachel Peterson, Tara Hensley, Christina Kerley, David Young, Kelly Becker, Bri Walsh, Paula Wiedemann, Sally Robinson, Becky Estes, Mark White, Kathy Mann, Deana Bell, Angela Marcak, Alexandra Graham, Kelly Towell, Krista Lair, Carrie Steen, Joan Wright, Kris Brinkerhoff, CJ Collins, Keri Elrod, and Missi Jett
Approval of Minutes:
- Motion to approve; Motion carried
- The Higher Learning Commission initial report is favorable with 19 of 21 objectives being met, and the other two, which relate to program review and student learning assessment, noted as met with concerns.
- Performance measures regarding funding/budget are pending a Legislative decision.
- Commencement speaker will be the Commissioner of Higher Education for the State of Missouri, Zora Mulligan.
- Grizzlies have two more home games this season 2/14 & 2/24
Budget Update (Scott Schneider):
- Scott shared information from the Executive Budget Committee meeting. To view all: https://livemissouristate.sharepoint.com/sites/wp/budget?e=1%3Aed907c398cfc4f46a4073180693f9a10
CRP Presentation (Joan Wright):
- Joan explained the CRP (College Readiness Program) and the AEL (Adult Education Literacy program. The CRP prepares students with math and reading to move forward. The classes are free and students are sent there, based on their placement tests.
President Elect’s Report:
- No report given
- No report given
- Diversity activity: Due to the length of the meeting, there was no activitiy but Grayson did leave handouts for everyone
- Chili Cook Off: Saturday, Feb 3 from 4-7 pm
- Letter to Faculty: Jill crafted a letter to the faculty on behalf of the Staff Senate
- Granvil Vaughn: Nomination was accepted and passed.
- Excellence in Public Affairs Awards: Staff nominations are due Feb. 26
- #GrizzlyGearMonday – Take pictures of your Grizzly Gear on Mondays and share with this hashtag on social media to show participation and appreciation for the allowance of wearing jeans on Mondays. Be sure to set it to public view.
- Feb 9 Teacher Placement Day
- February Film Series continues every Thursday at 6:30, in the civic center
- “The Right Stuff” 2/8/18
- “Hidden Figures” 2/15/18
- “Apollo 13” 2/22/18
- Feb 9 Red Carpet Day
- $850.00 was collected and sent to Sylvia & family, from staff & faculty
- Next meeting is March 1, 2018 at 10:30 a.m.