Staff Senate Mission Statement:
The Staff Senate serves as a liaison to administration as an advocate for staff welfare and productivity, in conjunction with the University’s mission, to support, improve, innovate and promote academic excellence.
University Mission Statement:
Missouri State University-West Plains empowers students to achieve personal success and to enrich their local and global communities. As a two-year public institution, we provide accessible, affordable, and quality educational opportunities.
Call To Order
- Brenda Smith – Faculty Senate Chair
- Josh Allen – Associate Director of Human Resources
- Jeff Getty’s- MSU-Springfield Staff Senate Representative
Approval of Agenda
President’s Report (Jared)
- Welcome Douglas Cooley II and Jason Owens
- Admin Council Updates
- Staff Emeritus Vote
- Part-Time Representative Discussion. Nominations will be accepted throughout the month of June. Vote in July.
- Faculty Senate’s first meeting will be September 4th.
- Professional Development Opportunity-Mindfulness and Appreciative Advising
- 2020-2021 Grizzly Gear Policy
President Elect Report (Amber Carr)
Secretary Report (Kileene Collins)
Treasurer Report (Alex Graham)
Department, Committee Reports, and other Updates
Upcoming Events and Important Dates: For a complete and updated list of events/important dates please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
6/13- Full Semester 75% refund period
6/17- Census Day
6/18- Full Semester 50% refund period
7/1- Full semester 25% refund period
7/3- Independence Day Observed (No Classes/Offices Closed)
7/8- STAR Orientation
7/9- Full Semester 0% refund period
Next Meeting: Thursday, July 9th – 1:30pm – Zoom.