Staff Senate Mission Statement:
The Staff Senate serves as a liaison to administration as an advocate for staff welfare and productivity, in conjunction with the University’s mission, to support, improve, innovate and promote academic excellence.
University Mission Statement:
Missouri State University-West Plains empowers students to achieve personal success and to enrich their local and global communities. As a two-year public institution, we provide accessible, affordable, and quality educational opportunities.
- Call To Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes: https://blogs.wp.missouristate.edu/staffsenate/2020/06/11/staff-senate-meeting-minutes-june-11-2020/
- Chancellor’s Report
- COVID-19 Updates
- Welcome Guests
- Brenda Smith – Faculty Senate Chair
- Paula Wilhelm – Assistant Director of Human Resources-Performance Management
- Supervisor Training on September 23rd through Zoom for WP Supervisors. Please reserve one of the two times offered: 9:30 am – 11:30 am or 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Register on My Learning Connection.
- President’s Report (Jared)
- Guide to Returning to Campus: https://wp.missouristate.edu/coronavirus/guide-returning-to-campus.htm
- Admin Council Updates
- COVID Testing Procedures
- Need office supplies? Contract through Office Depot-often times cheaper than Amazon. Contact Alyssa Collins for more information.
- COVID safety videos being developed for employees, supervisors, and students.
- Shielding Needs for your area? Contact Scott Schneider.
- A Diversity 101 training presented by Juan Meraz, assistant vice president for diversity and inclusion, will be held via Zoom on July 22 from 1:00 to 4:45 p.m. Please register through My Learning Connection.
- OMC will be providing planners to faculty and staff again this year. Thank you OMC!
- Part-Time Representative Discussion: No nominations received. Re-evaluate in August.
- Faculty Senate Representative: Nominations accepted until our August meeting. Douglas Cooley has expressed interest as a candidate. We will vote in August.
- President Elect Report (Amber)
- Secretary Report (Kileene)
- Treasurer Report (Alex)
- Department, Committee Reports, and other Updates
- Upcoming Events and Important Dates: For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
7/10- STAR Orientation
7/15- STAR Orientation
7/17- STAR Orientation
7/21- STAR Orientation-Mountain Grove campus
7/22- Diversity 101 training
7/23- STAR Orientation (Evening)
7/28- Last day of Summer classes
7/29-7/30- Summer Final Exams Period
- Next Meeting: Thursday, August 13th – 10:30am – Zoom