Staff Senate Mission Statement:
The Staff Senate serves as a liaison to administration as an advocate for staff welfare and productivity, in conjunction with the University’s mission, to support, improve, innovate and promote academic excellence.
University Mission Statement:
Missouri State University-West Plains empowers students to achieve personal success and to enrich their local and global communities. As a two-year public institution, we provide accessible, affordable, and quality educational opportunities.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of November Meeting Minutes
- Chancellor’s Report- Dr. Dennis Lancaster
- Welcome Guests
- Linda Wulff-Risner, Faculty Senate Chair
- Scot Scobee, SGF HR – Director
- President’s Report (Bryan)
- Welcome new staff:
- Staff Senate tShirts (x16) still available
- Chili Cook Off & Sweet Tea proceeds – $176
- OZH Mammography travel unit?
- Add to Staff Senate fund?
- President Elect Report (Vickie)
- Secretary Report (Kileene)
- Treasurer Report (Alex)
- Committee Updates
- Department Reports
- Human Resources (Alyssa)
- Save the Date: The annual Employee Appreciation Lunch will be noon to 1:30 p.m. Friday, January 27, in the Magnolia room at the WP Civic Center. All full-time faculty and full-time staff are invited to attend. Additionally, part-time staff (non-students) are invited. Details will be forthcoming.
- Part-Time Employee of the Year: All full-time employees are encouraged to submit a nomination for the 2022 Part-Time Employee of the Year Award. Please review the attached information and submit nominations to Alyssa Collins, by email at AlyssaCollins@MissouriState.eduor hard copy at Kellett Hall 202 by Friday, January 13, 2023.
- Payroll Calendars:The 2023 payroll calendars are now available.
- W-2 Tax Information:If you would like to receive your 2022 W-2 electronically, please give consent by Jan. 1, 2023. If you elected to receive it electronically before now, your selection stays intact.
- United Way Campaign Update:Missouri State-West Plains faculty and staff have generously contributed $5,007 to date toward the United Way Campaign goal of $6,250. The Heart of the Ozarks United Way reaches a wide variety of worthwhile organizations in our local communities. Make your donation today by completing the attached pledge card and sending it to Alyssa Collins in Kellett Hall by the Dec. 15 deadline.
- Upcoming Events & Important Dates:
- 12/12/22 – Jared Cates farewell Grab-n-Go Snacks Potluck – Details Attached
- 1/12/23 – Next Staff Senate meeting @ 10:30 am, via Zoom
- For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
- Human Resources (Alyssa)