We are open, Grizzlies! We are just open online.
Look for the Tutor Talk Writing Help button.
- Chat with a Tutor. Look for the Tutor Talk Writing Help button.
- Use the Online Writing Lab. Written feedback will be returned to your BearPass email within 24 hours.
- Chat with a Tutor. Look for the Math Help Tutor Talk button.
- Call the Math Lab at 417-255-7248 or 660-292-2395.
- Tutoring also is available for Accounting, Chemistry, Computer Information Systems, Math and Political Science.
Check with your instructor for details.
This site contains information to assist students with improving their writing skills.
Student handouts are free to the public. They are designed to be simple and easy to understand guidelines on a variety of college writing topics in which students may have difficulty. Handouts are organized by topic and are taken from a variety of sources, but they mostly match the handouts available in the Writing Lab in Hass-Darr 110.
Resources on Campus:
The Writing Lab in Hass-Darr 110
Writing tutoring is available for writers at all stages of composition and for all papers across the curriculum. Tutors are trained to coach students to self-sufficient writing. The Writing Lab is a good place to get a second set of eyes to make sure the student has met the teacher’s requirements. Tutors will make sure what the student meant to say comes across in the paper and will help students learn how to identify and correct any minor sentence-level errors.
Types of Tutoring:
In the Writing Lab
For face-to-face tutoring, students will meet with tutors in the Writing Lab in Hass-Darr 110.
For online tutoring, students can send papers to the Online Writing Lab (OWL) by filling out the OWL Form and getting feedback within 24 hours.
Fall and Spring: Monday through Thursday 8 am-6 pm, Friday 8 am through 5 pm
Summer: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. or by appointment.