November 18, 2021 – 10:30am Melton 116 and Zoom
In Attendance: Rachel Peterson, Kileene Collins, Alex Graham, Charles Rietman, Neva Parrott, Lauren Franz, CJ Collins, Erica Puckett, Biff Bird, Vickie Petkovic, Marci Bean, Tara Shahan, Nancy McCartney, Bryan Moore, Douglas Cooley, Donna Monticelli, Alyssa Collins, Angela Marcak, Rebekah McKinney, Hannah Salvesen, Trish Smith, Kelly Becker, Heath Lair, Garland Barton, Pam Tate, Sophia Skinner, Sheila Barton, Lindsey Hicks, Ian Camejo, Mike Scheidt, Christina Kerley, Terri Combs, Jennifer Walker, Krista Lair, Brett Becker, Nancy Leeper, Cindy Bridges, Biff Bird, Laurie Wall, Kris Brinkerhoff
Approval of Agenda – Motion to approve, seconded, motion passed
Approval of September Meeting Minutes – Motion to approve Oct 14, 2021, meeting minutes, seconded, motion passed
- Dec 1 Special Announcement planned at the Broadway bldg at 1:30 and all are invited
- Faculty/Staff Holiday Potluck Luncheon is being planned
- Reminder to all to adhere to the masking policy and all are encouraged to get vaccinated
- United Way campaign is ongoing until Dec 15
- Grizzly volleyball team is in Kansas for the national tournament. They play today at 3pm and the game will be live streamed in the student union
- Stacy Titocalis, Executive Director for the Heart of the Ozarks United Way
- Stacy provided information about the United Way and encouraged all to donate
- Scot Scobee, Director of Human Resources, Missouri State University
- Reminder of Open Enrollment, enhancements to the Dental plan, Short-Term Disability, and ADP’s
- Gary Phillips, Faculty Senate Chair – no report
President’s Report (Rachel Peterson)
- Part-time Staff Senate Representative nominations
- Alex Graham made a motion to nominate Nancy McCartney, seconded by Rachel Peterson, motion passed (There were no other nominations brought forward)
- Staff Senate t-shirts are still available for purchase in the bookstore
- Lee Denim Day raised $100; thanks to all that participated
- Holiday Potluck, Friday 12/17 11-1:30 T103, T104 and T105 signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409054babae2ea0f58-missouri
- Confidential “Suggestion Box” is available on the Staff Senate webpage – feel free to enter suggestions or ideas to build morale, trust, etc…
- Jean Policy Discussions – Admin Council was asked if we could update the policy to allow jeans with Grizz Gear on Fridays, as well as Mondays. The decision was made we cannot wear jeans both days and we need to decide between the two. Rachel will send out a poll after today’s meeting for all staff to vote. Discussions during the meeting consisted of:
- Wearing Grizz Gear and jeans on Monday makes Mondays more tolerable.
- Wearing Grizz Gear and jeans on Friday allows for school spirit on game days (when those are Fridays).
- Wearing Grizz Gear and jeans on Monday shows our support for and to our students
- Whatever is decided, Univ. Communications will continue to promote on social media
- PTO for birthdays was discussed – Because this would affect Springfield, would involve changing the handbook, and since personal days were established for such events, the decision was made to not pursue this idea
- Zoom option for meetings discussions resulted in the decision to meet only by Zoom in December and January and then return to the hybrid option of zoom or in-person meetings in Feb.
President Elect Report – no report
Secretary Report (Kileene Collins) – no report
Treasurer Report (Alex Graham) – There is $1,684.09 in the account
Department Updates, Announcements, and Committee Updates/Reports
- Committee Updates
- Grizzly Ambassador Program – Nov 12 event, Christos House. Next event, February 11 for a team building exercise
- Departmental Reports
- HR (Alyssa Collins)
- Complete your Open Enrollment now: The open enrollment deadline is Dec. 1. You can find more information about open enrollment, including instructions for how to complete online or over the phone, on the open enrollment webpage.
- Virtual Employee Benefits Fair: Human Resources is hosting a virtual benefit fair. The virtual benefit fair is interactive. Attendees will find out more information about benefits by visiting virtual tables and will be entered for prizes. The virtual fair is con-current with open enrollment and is available for viewing now through Dec. 1.
- Wellness Incentive: The wellness incentive for the 2022 health premium discount is based on completion of COVID-19 and Flu vaccinations.
- Telehealth: Burton Creek Rural Clinic now offers telehealth services. Virtual care is yet another way for patients to access high-quality care. Hours are the same as the walk-in clinic and no appointment is necessary for urgent visits. Call the dedicated telehealth line at 417-257-6170 for information and instructions. Employees on the West Plains campus are not required to use sick leave when they utilize Burton Creek’s telehealth services. Contact Alyssa Collins for additional details.
- United Way Campaign: Missouri State-West Plains faculty and staff have generously contributed $4,906 to date toward the United Way Campaign goal of $6,250. The Heart of the Ozarks United Way reaches a wide variety of worthwhile organizations in our local communities. Make your donation today by completing the attached pledge card and sending it to Alyssa Collins in Kellett Hall by the Dec. 15 deadline.
- IT (Heath Lair)
- wp1 migration: All are asked to clean up their files before the migration which will move everything to the cloud; contact IT if assistance is needed
- HR (Alyssa Collins)
Upcoming Events & Important Dates: For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
- 11/19 – Grizzly Basketball Home Game, 7:00 pm WPCC
- 11/20 – Grizzly Basketball Home Game, 7:00 pm WPCC
- 11/24-11/26 – Campus Closed; Thanksgiving Holiday
- 11/26-11/27 – Grizzly Basketball Home Games, 7:00 pm WPCC
- 11/30 – Amateur Short Film Festival, 7:00 pm WPCC Theatre
- 12/1 – Broadway Building Special Announcement 1:30 pm
- 12/3 – STAR Orientation, 10:00 am
- 12/3 – A Journey Through the Winter Holidays, 7:00 pm WPCC Theater
- 12/6 – Evan Gambardella, Hypnotist, 7:00 pm WPCC Theater
- 12/7 – Grizzly Basketball Home Game, 7:00 pm WPCC
- 12/10 – Friends of the Garnett Library meeting and luncheon, T104-105 from 12-1pm – Crockett Oaks and Jason McCollum will be presenting about the Sadie Brown Cemetery
- 12/10 – Counselor and A+ Coordinator Meeting and Luncheon
Next Meeting: December 9, 2021 at 10:30am via Zoom
Adjournment: Motion made, seconded, all in favor