August 10, 2023 – 10:30am via Zoom
In Attendance: Vickie Petkovic, Kileene Collins, Alexandra Graham, Trish Smith, Sophia Skinner, Mikala King, Kelly Becker, Rebekah McKinney, Lauren Willis, Heath Lair, Brittney Adkisson, Mark White, Alyssa Collins, Neva Parrott, Donna Monticelli, Mike Scheidt, Keri Elrod, Todd Stockton, Biff Bird, Tanya Miller, Tara Shahan, Angela Marcak, and Charles Rietman.
Approval of Agenda – Motion to approve agenda, seconded, and motion carried.
Approval of July Meeting Minutes – Motion to approve the July 13, 2023, meeting minutes, seconded, and motion carried
Chancellor’s Report – Unable to attend, no report
- Tresa Ryan, Faculty Senate Chair Elect
President’s Report (Vickie Petkovic)
- Welcome new staff:
- Todd Stockton, Technology Support Specialist
- Trevor Cressman, Assistant Director of Workforce Development
- Greg Wolf, Groundskeeper-General Maintenance Worker
- Tanya Miller, Support Coordinator (ASCEND)
- Volunteer/Service/Project Opportunities:
- Welcome Week – Email Luke Hurtt if interested in volunteering.
- Sophia Skinner suggested Senate-sponsored student-oriented activities such as a picnic served by members or group attendance and introduction at sporting events.
- Kelly Becker agreed to follow-up with Luke Hurtt regarding serving sandwiches to students one day during Welcome Week.
- Vickie suggested trying to get a Staff Senate section during sporting events and will follow-up to see if we can make that happen.
- The next Administrative Council meeting will be August 15.
President Elect Report (Trish Smith) – no report
Secretary Report (Kileene Collins) – no report
Treasurer Report (Alex Graham) – $1,790.39
Department Updates, Announcements, and Committee Updates/Reports
- Committee Reports
- No report
- Departmental Reports
- No report
Upcoming Events & Important Dates: For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
- 8/21/23 First day of fall semester – watch for sign-up opportunities to participate in Operation First Smile.
- 8/25/23 Convocation 10 a.m. at the Civic Center.
Next Meeting: September 14, 2023, at 10:30am via Zoom
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 10:47 a.m.