September 14, 2023 – 10:30am via Zoom
In Attendance: Vickie Petkovic, Kileene Collins, Alex Graham, Tanya Miller, Crockett Oaks, Sheila Barton, Trevor Cressman, Luke Hurtt, Kadem Tharp, Trace Winfrey, Deana Bell, Lauren Willis, Neva Parrott, Mark White, Mel Steele, Tara Shahan, Erica Puckett, Keri Elrod, Lindsey Hicks, Michelle Bryan, Julie Dulaney, Wayne Cahoj, Pam Tate, CJ Collins, Kelly Becker, Carrie Steen, Biff Bird, Brittney Adkisson, Kristi Huff, Mike Scheidt, Barbie Mustion, Christina Kerley, Jennifer Walker, Sophia Skinner, and Missi Jett.
Approval of Agenda – Motion to approve agenda and seconded.
Chancellor’s Report, not present but wanted to share:
- Everyone is invited to two special University events this week:
- 60th Anniversary Chamber Mixer on Thursday 9/14 from 4 to 6 p.m. in the Carol Silvey Student Union, and
- 60th Diamond Jubilee on Saturday 9/16 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the bell tower on the west campus. Bring your family, friends, and neighbors to celebrate 60 years of excellence. There will be lawn games and bounce houses, cupcakes, popcorn, food trucks, and music by indie rock band Dawson Hollow.
- Jason McCollom, Faculty Senate Chair – Please let Jason know if we have anything that needs to be taken to faculty senate.
President’s Report (Vickie Petkovic)
- Welcome new staff:
- Michael Poindexter – Assistant Basketball Coach
- Kadem Tharp – Head Baseball Coach
- Jessica McDaniel – Registration & Records Assistant West Plains-China
- Susan Icenhower – Registration & Records Assistant
- Volunteer/service/project opportunities
- Recap: Operation First Smile, Welcome Week Block Party and Waterpalooza, CASA Dinner Theatre.
- Downtown West Plains Revitalization Events: Block Party and Scare on the Square, more information to come.
- Sadie Brown Cemetery (in conjunction with United Way), October 7.
- Some Staff Senate–initiated student-oriented event? Send ideas to Vickie.
- Staff Senate section at sporting events – Rusty Laverentz will make a proposal to AC next week, so more to come.
- Please be ready to present more ideas at next month’s meeting.
- Lee Denim Days and Chili Cookoff – Discussions to change the name possibly to Grizzly Blue Day. Seeking volunteers to take the lead.
- Staff Senate T-shirts – Still available in the bookstore. $16.95 in charcoal and blue.
- The next Administrative Council meeting will be Tuesday, Sept 19. Please let Vickie know of any questions you have or issues that you want brought before the Council.
- Family permission will always be required for campus announcements of death.
President Elect Report (Trish Smith) – not present, no report
Secretary Report (Kileene Collins) – no report
Treasurer Report (Alex Graham) – $1,790.39
Department Updates, Announcements, and Committee Updates/Reports
- Committee Reports
- No reports
- Departmental Reports
- Human Resources (Alyssa Collins)
- Grizzly Ambassador Program: Congratulations to the 2023-2024 cohort of Grizzly Ambassadors. Mike Scheidt, Luke Hurtt, Julie Dulaney, Ron Kerns, Katie Dudden, Rebekah McKinney, and Trevor Cressman will participate in a WP campus tour this Friday, Sept 15. They are also meeting with the University Staff Ambassadors (USA) for lunch.
- Goodbye Paper PAFs! An improved process for submitting and tracking personnel action forms (PAFs) begins Monday, Oct. 2. Refer to the HR Blog for more details about the new process.
- Employee Benefits Fair: All full-time and part-time employees are invited to Missouri State University’s Benefits Fair from 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25 in the Student Recreation Center. Employees will have the opportunity to meet with our various insurance and benefit providers. More details will be forthcoming in Take Note.
- Free Flu Shots: Flu vaccination clinics will be held Tuesday, Oct. 3 and Wednesday, Oct. 25 in the Student Recreation Center. Scheduling information will be announced in Take Note.
- 2024 Wellness Incentive: Details will be announced soon. By participating in the wellness activities, MSU healthcare plan members can save up to $360 on their annual premiums for the 2024 plan year.
- Garnett Library/Friends of the Garnett Library (Rebekah McKinney)
- Friends of the Garnett Library are selling cheesecakes from September 8—October 20. We have 13 flavors to choose from this year: all our favorites from last year, plus several new flavors to try!!! Come into Garnett Library and Order yours today!!! Payment due at time of order.
- IT (CJ Collins)
- Working on a new Nursing application
Upcoming Events & Important Dates: For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
- 9/14/2023 – 60th Anniversary Chamber Mixer, 4-6 p.m., Carol Silvey Student Union
- 9/16/2923 – 60th Diamond Jubilee, 5-8 p.m., Amphitheater
- 9/21 through 9/23/2023 – 16th Ozarks Studies Symposium, West Plains Civic Center
Next Meeting: October 12, 2023, at 10:30am via Zoom
Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 11:06