Hours of Operation
The Student Recreation Center will be closed throughout the Summer semester due to the COVID-29 situation. It will, however, be opened to the community for sheltering purposes in the event of a tornado warning.
Find out more on our Campus Operations Updates page.
After this time period the hours of operation will return to the following shown below:
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: 8:00 AM-8:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM-8:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM-8:00 PM
- Thursday:9:00 AM-9:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM-9:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM-9:00 PM
- Friday and Saturday – the basketball court is open to community members at the daily rate.
- Monday through Saturday – the racquetball court is open to community members at the daily rate or monthly membership rate.
- The Student Recreation Center is closed any day there are not classes in session at Missouri State University-West Plains (with the exception of the time period between Summer and Fall semesters).
- Contact: (417) 255-8050 for more information.
- Full-court Basketball
- Cross-court Basketball
- Area Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) community wind shelter
- Maximum occupancy limit during a tornado is 1,669
Students assessed the Student Recreation Center fee:
Fee payment includes full-privilege membership to the Student Recreation Center for students and their guests at no additional cost.
Students not assessed the Student Recreation Center fee:
$25 per semester (Fall, Spring and Summer). This category includes students taking only online courses and non-degree seeking students enrolled in only one or two credit hours. These students have the option to self-pay the Student Recreation Center fee and receive the associated benefits. Students electing this fee must pay the fee no later than the close of business the second Friday of full semester classes.
Alumni of Missouri State University-West Plains who were enrolled in classes at the West Plains campus beginning fall 2008 and were either eligible to vote in the student body election or pay the Student Recreation Center fee will have full-privilege membership to the Student Recreation Center at no additional cost.
Full-time and Part-time University Employees (current and retired):
Full-privilege membership to the Student Recreation Center for employees and their guests at no cost.
All persons not included in categories mentioned above are considered “community members” and may use the Student Recreation Center on days approved by the Student Government Association of Missouri State University-West Plains for a daily rate of $3.00 or monthly rate of $15. Community members under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
All rates and fees set forth above are intended solely for guidance and are subject to change with or without notice. Missouri State University-West Plains reserves the right to determine an appropriate rate for particular situations, usages and services after considering all relevant factors.