Missouri State University-West Plains Student Recreation Policies:
All patrons and guests should be aware that:
- Missouri State University-West Plains and the Office of Student Life and Development are not responsible for injuries incurred during intramural, recreational, outdoor, wellness, fitness or other activities which occur at the Student Recreational Center.
- Participants should know and be able to meet the physical demands of any activity in which they are to engage. Each activity has a certain degree of risk, some more than others.
- Aggressive, disorderly, illegal or inappropriate behavior or conduct is prohibited and may result in a loss of privileges, a report to the coordinator of student life and development, and/or dean of student services. The Code of Students Rights and Responsibilities applies to all students participating in campus recreation facilities and programs.
- Food is prohibited in activity spaces. Alcohol, gum, tobacco products and illegal substances are prohibited. Water bottles and other drinks with lids are permitted.
- All participants must sign-in at the front desk prior to using the facility (with the exception of team practices). Any community guest under the age of 18 must sign the activity release form, along with their parent or legal guardian’s signature.
- In the event of an injury, an accident, illness or uncomfortable situation, please notify a campus recreation team member. In the event that blood is involved in an injury, participation cannot continue until the wound is properly cleaned and dressed, and any clothing with blood removed.
- All guests are asked to leave at closing time.
- Participants must share the common space and utilize both courts if there are other participants wanting to utilize the facility.
- Participants should clean up after themselves. All items left behind will be placed in lost and found or properly disposed.
- Lost and found items can be claimed at the Rec Center front desk. Lost and found items left unclaimed will be donated or disposed of at the end of each semester.
- Guests must present a valid Bear Pass ID or some form of collateral to check out recreational equipment. All equipment that is checked out must be returned to the front desk.
- Recreational activities are not to take place in the lobby.
- There is a one-hour time limit in the racquetball court if there are individuals waiting to play.
- For safety purposes, a maximum of four players are permitted to play at once on the racquetball court.
- Tennis shoes only are allowed on the courts.
- Participants must have goggles on to play racquetball.
- Participants are not permitted to use the facility without the presence of a Rec Center team member, university staff, faculty or coach.