In attendance: Michelle Branton, Kileene Collins, Jennifer Walker, Grayson Gordon, Alexandra Graham, Bruce Cavitt, Angela Marcak, Karla Bean, Scott Schneider, Vickie Petkovic, Mark White, Bill Brown, Carrie Steen, Paul Majkut, Chris Popp, Reggie Freeman, Laurie Wall, Marcella Bean, Melody Hubbell, Charlene Murrell, Sharath Rangali, Amber Carr, Erica Puckett, Jill Stephens, Joe Kammerer, Moiria Seiber, Kathy Mann, and visitors, President Clif Smart and his Chief of Staff, Ryan DeBoef.
- Faculty-Senate Chili Cook-Off and luncheon immediately following today’s Staff Senate meeting.
- State of the University Address today at 1:30 pm at the Civic Center.
- Benefits Fair Oct 12 from 1 pm to 4 pm in Lybyer 104-105.
- Flu Shots will be available. To sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0C4AA9AD28A6FF2-flushot
- Dr. Renee Moore will be our guest speaker at the November 3, 2016 meeting.
Video Presentation: Paul Majkut shared a two-minute video developed to promote past graduates and their success because of MSU-WP. The video will be shown at the Glass Sword Theater Oct. 28 – Nov. 28 and will be available on YouTube.
- Clif Smart
- FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), new provisions effective Dec. 1, 2016, resulted in 1 employee, system wide, transitioning from a full time position, to a part time position. System wide, 184 employees are moving from salary positions to hourly (non-exempt) positions. 19 of those are on the WP campus. Vacation days will not be lost. They have developed a new category called, Professional Non-Exempt Employees, which allows prior employees, if re-hired, will not have to start over at the beginning on vacation days. System wide, 63 employees will receive an increase in salary & will remain as salary employees (5 of those are on the WP campus). Those affected will receive training on entering their time on their time sheets.
- Budget for next year: Due to an increase from Mosier’s for retirement plans, resulting in approx. $100,000 for WP employees, we can not expect to see an increase in the budget. There is some equity funding that will be pursued but not guaranteed.
- Q&A: It was asked if we could have Service recognition for employees that have transitioned from part time to full time. Clif Smart said they will present that request to the BOG.
- Ryan DeBoef: shared the MSU Springfield Homecoming game on Oct 15th and if anyone plans to attend, be sure to visit the Springfield Staff Senate tent in the tailgating section.