In attendance: Michelle Branton, Kileene Collins, Jennifer Walker, Grayson Gordon, Sherath Rongali, Geoffrey Ping, Angela Marcak, Mary Maupin, Alexandra Graham, Janet Surface, Karla Bean, Jared Cates, Marcie Bean, Laurie Wall, Kathy Mann, and Elizabeth Nehring.
Guest Speaker(s): Discussion and agreement to ask Dr. Bennett to continue providing us with a brief report on important campus matters.
- Administrative Council Report
- The group reviewed action items/tactics proposed by the Springfield campus for increasing the number of graduates in 2016-17 to identify similar strategies for the WP campus.
- The Career Showcase is next Tuesday, July 19, at 6 pm, in Lybyer.
- Faculty/Staff discounts can be found online at blogs.missouristate.edu/discounts/
- Parking permit hang tags for 2016-17 are available through the Business office for $20. The 2015-16 tags expire July 31.
- ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) training by Springfield representatives is tentatively planned for Friday, Sept. 16, on the WP campus.
- Melton Hall will be closed August 8 & 9 to strip and wax hallways.
- Enrollment is down 1%.
- Springfield Staff Senate advertisement video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsIrtOJWVEI
Treasurer’s Report: $558.64
Emeritus Status for Donna Bassham: Approved
- Records & Registration: Degree Works development is in progress.
- Handout provided with Dr. Bennett’s responses to questions and concerns raised during our June 2, 2016 meeting.
- Discussion on item #3 on the handout, regarding Staff evaluations of their supervisors and/or administrators.
- Annual Chili Cook-Off: Grayson Gordon was elected to chair the event and form a committee.
- Meeting dates: Approved to remain on the first Thursday of every month.
- August 4
- September 1
- October 6
- November 3
- December 1
- Revision of Staff Senate Mission Statement: Alexandra Graham volunteered to chair a committee.
- Faculty/Staff Back To School picnic: Discussed and agreed to not host one this year.
- The catalog is posted but some changes may occur.
- EOC Grant is still in progress.
Next Staff Senate meeting will be August 4, 2016 at 10:30am – Location TBD