In attendance: Laurie Wall, Jennifer Walker, Kileene Collins, Bruce Cavitt, Sylvia Kuhlmieier, Angela Marcak, Anyta Cavitt, CJ Collins, Grayson Gordon, Bill Brown, Wayne Cahoj, Moiria Seiber, Sophia Skinner, Amber Carr, Vickie Petkovic, Carrie Steen, and Michael Orf.
- February Red Carpet Days had record number of attendees. Thanks to all that have a hand in making those successful.
- Executive Budget Committee meeting minutes are available online through experts.
- TAACCCT Grant ends March 31 and our testing center will undergo some changes as a result.
- Carol Silvey is the new Board of Governors’ representative for the West Plains area. With nearly 39 years of experience as both a faculty and staff member on the West Plains’ campus, she is a great choice as she understands the institution and service area.
- Admin. Council’s biggest discussion was the budget cuts and tuition increase. More to be released soon.
- Board: Laurie Wall appoints Mary Kellum as interim President Elect for March and April until the new term begins. The following nominations for the next term will be voted on in April and will begin their duties in May:
- Nominations for President Elect:
- Grayson Gordon, declined
- CJ Collins, declined
- Wayne Cahoj
- Jared Cates
- Heath Lair
- Nominations for Treasurer:
- Angela Marcak
- Nominations for Secretary:
- Kileene Collins
Secretary’s Report: No report
Treasurer’s Report: $889.64 with one outstanding invoice
- IT: Degree Works going live this week.
- TRiO: Service activities occurred this week. Sponsoring a fund raiser for Habitat For Humanity with several faculty/staff volunteering to get a pie in the face for the most money raised in their container, ends Friday, March 3.
- Advisement & Academic Coaching: ASK week is April 3-7.
- Announcement: Home and Garden show this weekend is looking for volunteers.
- Announcement: MSU-WP will host the annual meeting of the Missouri Association of American University professors (AAUP) in Melton Hall on Saturday, March 4 from 9am – 4pm. Dr. Jason McCollum is the president of the MSU-WP chapter, contact him for more information.
- New Mission Statement: The Staff Senate serves as a liaison to administration as an advocate for staff welfare and productivity, in conjunction with the University’s mission, to support, improve, innovate and promote academic excellence. All approved.
- Staff Excellence in Public Affairs: Brenda Polyard declined our nomination and Dennis Lancaster did not fit the criteria. Deadline passed so the Staff Senate did not provide a nomination.
- Reverse Evaluation Committee Report (Evaluating supervisors): It was recommended to investigate into Springfield’s progress in this area and mirroring their actions. More discussion to follow.
- Faculty Senate: Rajiv Thakur spoke about the prevention of bullying on campus and conveyed the faculty senate’s support of the staff senate and offering any assistance needed in regards to improving our working environment.
- Fundraising/Activity Ideas:
- Friday Denim Days during June & July; Laurie will seek permission
- Staff Senate shirts; Bruce Cavitt will follow up
- Hurts Donuts/Pineapple Whip; Amber Carr to follow up
Diversity activity topic provided by Grayson: Thinking outside the box.
Next meeting: April 6, 10:30 am Cass Hall conference room.