In attendance: Michelle Branton, Kileene Collins, Jennifer Walker, Sophia Skinner, Terri Combs, Moiria Seiber, Kathy Mann, Joan Wright, Marcella Bean, Stanley Mugeki, Anyta Cavitt, Carrie Steen, Keri Elrod, Bruce Cavitt, Angela Marcak, Karla Bean, Scott Schneider, Bill Brown, and Jared Cates.
- For more than 10 years, students at Missouri State-West Plains have scored above the national average in all categories of the Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency (CAAP) examination. Graduates have scored at or above the national average in all five subject areas for 21 consecutive years.
- On Nov. 22, a federal judge put a preliminary injunction in place on the implementation of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime pay requirement. As a result, Missouri State University is evaluating the FLSA implementation plan for the Missouri State System. Proposed salary increases will take place as planned; the rest of the plan will be reviewed with a tentative date of Monday, Dec. 5, set for making a decision on how to proceed.
Welcome new employee: Stanley Mugeki, Residence Life Manager
- Michelle Branton announced she has been offered another position at East Central College in Union, MO., and Laurie Wall will act as interim President until her actual term begins in 2017.
President Elect Report: No report given
Secretary Report: No report given
Treasurer Report: $739.64 in our account
- Dec. 8 Last day of classes
- Dec. 12-15 Final exam period
- Dec. 12-16 Final grade entry
- Faculty/Staff support recommendations for issues & solutions should be sent to Jacob Poulette. He will add yours to his google doc. or he can send you a link to the existing doc. so you can view it.
- Administrative Evaluations committee: Bill Brown (chair), Angela Marcak, Jared Cates, Kathy Mann and possibly Carrie Steen.
- Staff Senate Mission Statement: Michelle will send out the current mission statement, Springfield’s current mission statement, and the proposed revised mission statement, for our review and to be discussed at next meeting.
- Holiday Pot Luck Luncheon, December 2, 2016, hosted by Academic Affairs, 11:00-1:30 in Lybyer 103-105. All are welcome.
- First Staff Senate meeting spring 2017 will be Thursday, February 2, 2017. (No Staff Senate meeting in January).
In attendance: Michelle Branton, Kileene Collins, Jennifer Walker, Grayson Gordon, Bruce Cavitt, Angela Marcak, Karla Bean, Scott Schneider, Bill Brown, Laurie Wall, Sylvia Kuhlmeier, Kris Brinkerhoff, CJ Collins, and Jared Cates.
- Provided highlights on his recent trip to China with SGA President Sydney McBride and Board of Governors’ members Carrie Tergin and Joe Carmichael. The six West Plains students studying in China for fall 2016 are doing fantastic; three participated in the campus’ annual talent show. The university’s study abroad programs present a great opportunity for students.
- A new video featuring inspirational stories from Missouri State-West Plains graduates is viewable online through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC4VazHtO6Y. Please share on social media. It will be shown at the Glass Sword Theater through the month of November.
- Community Engagement Fair, today, Nov. 3 from 10am-1pm at Rec. Center
- Friday, November 4 Red Carpet Day
- Dr. Renee Moore
- Shared a power point that she presented to Admin. Council regarding support for faculty and staff. Jacob Poulette has begun collecting issues and solutions from the faculty and they invite staff to send ours and they will be added to their list in hopes of providing us a little more support, if possible.
- In discussions with Ryan Williams from Staff Senate in Springfield regarding a staff survey/evaluation and mission statement.
President Elect Report:
- From Admin. Council:
- Reminder about Open Enrollment and HRA, to get them completed before Dec. 1
- New policy prohibits the recreational use of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) or drones on all university-owned property or during university-sponsored events. An application is required for anyone seeking to use a UAS for university purposes.
- $729.64 in our account
- Submitted $175 for Lee Denim Day, and expecting more to follow
- Raised $181 for the Chili Cook-Off, and still collecting more.
- Garnett Library: Friday, Nov. 4, Fashion Show fundraiser at the Country Club and a Crowd Funding online donation event coming soon.
- IT: BDMS update this weekend.
- TRiO: 40 students attended the “Paint your nails pink” event for Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Student Life: SGA raised $41 for Breast Cancer Awareness; Halloween party was a success, with about 65 students participating; 212 students attended the first basketball home game; Resident Life Manager on campus interviews being scheduled.
- Staff priority issues/needs to be presented to Faculty Senate, to present on our behalf: The need of a Web Programmer, Instructional Designer, and someone to oversee and maintain Degree Works.