In attendance: Kileene Collins, Grayson Gordon, Emily Gibson, Scott Schneider, Mary Kellum, Eryn Walters, Karla Bean, Kris Brinkerhoff, Bill Brown, Luke Pitchford and Chulapol Thanomsing.
- Chancellor: Next week he will be attending the Board of Governor’s Retreat and will be discussing enrollment, retention, academic standings and long range plan. Please thank our custodial workers for their hard work clearing the campus lots.
Welcome New Employees: None in attendance
Admin. Council Notes’ Q&A:
- Current open positions filled:
- Administrative Assistant II (Full Time Staff, U/CP) – Position filled by Sally Robinson
- Director of IT department position will be posting today, Luke Pitchford’s last day is March 20.
Departmental & Additional Updates:
- Greenhouse is making progress
- True Blue Auction is April 10th. Deadline for items or descriptions of items being donated is April 1st, to be included in the auction catalog.
- Public Affairs Conference will be April 14-17
- Kid’s College will be July 6-9 from 12 – 5pm – more information to follow.
- Robin Hood has been rescheduled for March 24
- St. Louis Irish Arts will be performing on March 29th at 2pm
- Banner will be updated Saturday (March 7th) and will not be available during the update.
II. Approval of Minutes: Mary moved to approve, seconded by Emily, all in favor.
III. Old Business
Battery Recycling Effort: (Containers are currently located in)
- Lybyer (Student Services – Room 207)
- Cass Hall (Lunch Room)
- TRiO (Entry area)
Karla Bean advised she will place one at the reception desk in Looney Hall.
Staff Dedication Wall:
- Scott advised the best location of the dedication wall would be on the lower level of Lybyer on the opposite wall of the elevator, viewable as you exit the elevator.
- Chulapol and Grayson will follow up with Howell County Outpost on the plaques.
- To vote on the name of the dedication wall, click on this link:
SSIP (Staff Salary Incentive Program):
- Mary Kellum asked Dr. Bennett about the status of this program and he advised it is still in discussions on the Springfield campus and no decision has been made at this time.
- Home Show (Sat. & Sun. March 7 & 8) – Contact Mary Kellum to sign up.
IV. New Business
Nominations being sought: (Send all nominations to Chulapol)
- Granvil Vaughn Founder’s Award – submit nominations by March 16
- Distinguished Alumni & Distinguished Faculty/Staff – submit by March 27
- Honorary Associate Degree – submit as soon as possible
Officers for next year:
- Chulapol will be sending out an email with names of those qualified for offices. Be prepared to vote during next meeting; New officers will begin their duties in May.
IV. Next Meeting:
- April 10, 2015 in the Cass Hall Conference Room at 10:30am