In attendance: Kileene Collins, Melody Hubbell, Sharath Rongali, Grayson Gordon, Wayne Cahoj, Emily Gibson, Joe Kammerer, Scott Schneider, Mary Kellum, Jill Stephens, Eryn Walters, Luke Pitchford and Chulapol Thanomsing.
- Chancellor: Not present
Welcome New Employees: Mugs were given to Wayne and Luke Pitchford.
- Wayne Cahoj, General Buyer, Drago College Store
- Eryn Walters, Development Events Coordinator
Registrar (Full Time Staff) Application deadline 2/27/2015.
Registration & Records Assistant (Full Time Staff) Application deadline 2/27/2015.
Part-Time Academic Advisor (2 positions) Open until filled.
Part-Time Landscaper/Groundskeeper Application deadline 2/13/2015.
Administrative Assistant II, U/CP (Full Time Staff) Finishing clerical testing.
Career Center Data Coordinator (Full Time Staff, TAACCCT Grant) Reviewing applications.
Program Director/Instructor, Health Information Technology Program (Full Time Faculty, TAACCCT Grant)
Program Director/Instructor, Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program (Full Time Faculty)
Biology, Instructor/Assistant Professor (Full Time Faculty) Instructor of Nursing (Full Time Faculty) History, Assistant/Associate Professor (Full Time Faculty)
Accounting & Entrepreneurship, Instructor/Assistant Professor (Full Time Faculty)
Business & Support Services: Scott Schneider (no report given)
- Annual Auction April 10, 2015, at the Civic Center – The Inter-Departmental Contest theme is “True Blue”. Each department is encouraged to come up with at least one large item to donate to the auction. If multiple baskets or items are donated from a single department, the total accumulated will go towards that department’s total. The winning team (department) will be presented with an impressive traveling trophy to show off for the year. Deadline for the item descriptions is March 1 and actual items must be in the Development office by April 1. Submit your description or get more information by contacting Eryn Walters, Development Events Coordinator, at ErynWalters@MissouriState.edu or 5-7923.
- National TRiO Day is Feb. 21 – TRiO students will be participating in service activities around campus that day.
- Habitat For Humanity is looking for volunteers to help out at the Home Show on March 7 & 8 at the Civic Center.
- Drago College Store will be having a Valentine’s Day sale next week, Monday through Friday. 20% off of 1 item and 25% off 2 or more items.
II. Old Business
Battery Recycling Effort:
- In collaboration with Friends of the Garnett Library’s “Cash for Trash” program. Each building will have a collection container – must be plastic with a lid. Some acceptable containers would be a Coffee container, Ice Cream tub or Laundry Detergent tub. There will need to be one designated person per building to provide and maintain the container in their building. Only household or office (Dry) batteries can be dropped off – Not accepting car or wet cell batteries and 9v batteries will need to have a piece of tape over the terminals before being dropped off.
Staff Dedication Wall:
- Grayson made a motion to proceed with the tiles that will contain the Name, Title, Picture and years of service. Mary seconded the motion and all approved. Pending Scott’s investigation and approval, the dedication wall will be located on the lower level of Lybyer, outside of the server room (106). There were three suggested names for the wall, which will be placed above the plaques “Service Recognition Wall“, “Dedication Wall” and “Recognizing Service” – watch for a survey in your email to vote on your choice.
Staff Senate Representative attending Faculty Senate:
- Chulapol suggested we move to approve a Faculty Senate Liaison to attend our Staff Senate meetings. Joe made the motion, seconded by Grayson and no one opposed. The Faculty Senate will discuss allowing a Staff Senate Liaison to attend their monthly meetings as well and Jill Stephens will be our Liaison, if it is approved.
City Wide Chili Cook-Off:
- Grayson and Rita Gordon represented the Staff Senate and many thanks for their hard work and preparations. Also, many thanks to Dr. Bennett for his support and contribution.
SSIP (Staff Salary Incentive Program):
- The Springfield Staff Senate has decided not to proceed with the SSIP this year and will be submitting a proposal to use the merit pay system that is already in place but has not been utilized in many years.
III. New Business
Inter-Department contest for the Annual Auction: See information discussed in the “Upcoming Events” section of the minutes.
Reformatting the Staff Senate Meeting:
- Chulapol is considering using his notes from Admin Council meeting to share, in place of each department providing updates. If anyone has something to add that is not included in the Admin Council notes, they will be allowed to share.
IV. Next Meeting:
- March 6, 2015 in the Cass Hall Conference Room at 10:30am