Kileene Collins, Bronwen Madden, Sharath Rongali, Grayson Gordon, Alyssa Collins, Caitlin Crouse, Lu Adams, Mary Maupin, Kris Brinkerhoff, Becky Estes, Melody Hubbell, Jill Stephens, Mat Crouse, Emily Gibson, and Chulapol Thanomsing.
Chancellor: Dr. Bennett advised we will have representatives from our campus for the MSU Strategic Vision Plan. He is “cautiously optimistic” that we may receive some government funding; He is waiting to hear from the Missouri Department of Higher Education. Today’s Red Carpet Day was the biggest to date; There were 200+ students in attendance. Dr. Angela Totty is now active in the role of Dean of Student Services. Dr. Lunday has relocated to an extra space in the Academic Affairs office until his departure. There are currently two interim positions in place; Interim Director of IT is Scott Schneider until December 1st, when Luke Pitchford will take over the full time position. Interim Registrar will be Sylivia Kuhlmeier beginning December 1st, until the full time position is filled. The United Way Campaign is the only charity the university contributes to and participation has been on the decline for the last several years. Dr. Bennett encourages all to participate.
Welcome New Employees:
Registrar (Full Time Staff) Application deadline 11/21/2014.
Food Services Manager (Full Time Staff) Reviewing applications.
General Buyer, Drago College Store (Full Time Staff) Finishing clerical testing.
Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs (Full Time Staff) Reviewing applications.
Part-Time Technology & Social Media Support (Part Time Staff, TAACCCT Grant) Open until filled.
Instructor of Nursing (Full Time Faculty)
First date of consideration 11/07/2014. History, Assistant/Associate Professor (Full Time Faculty) First date of consideration 11/07/2014.
Accounting & Entrepreneurship, Instructor/Assistant Professor (Full Time Faculty) First date of consideration 10/31/2014.
Per Course Faculty (Spring 2015 Semester) All divisions posted.
Coordinator, Mountain Grove Branch Campus (Full Time Staff) Lu Adams begins 12/1/2014.
Director of Information Technology Services (Full Time Staff) Luke Pitchford begins 12/1/2014.
Alice Smith is retiring 12/31/14
Capital Projects: Scott Schneider not present for report
- Informational Workshop “Starting Your Own Business” November 20 at 6pm at the Small Business Incubator. This is the last class that will be at no charge.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony Dec. 2nd at 3:30pm in Lybyer
- Musical Salute for Veteran’s Day November 11th at 1:00pm at the Civic Center
- Polar Express December 7th, 2:00pm at Civic Center – FREE (Popcorn and Hot Chocolate will be available) Suitable PJ attire encouraged.
- Enactus (Let’s Can Hunger Food Drive) – Competition between students, faculty and staff. Look for containers with appropriate labels to place your donations. Proceeds will benefit the Bridges Program and the Rotary Club Backpack Program.
- Academic Affairs – HLC approved an online degree program for AA; Expect to see advertisements to promote.
- HR – HRA due Friday, November 7, 2014; Cafeteria Plan enrollment due by December 1, 2014; Open Enrollment for health insurance is due by December 1, 2014.
Approval of Minutes:
- Motion to approve: Lu Adams
- Second: Grayson Gordon
- Approved: All
II. Old Business
- Habitat For Humanity is asking for Staff Senate volunteer group to help on November 15th at 8:30am. Contact Mary Kellum if you can help.
Staff Dedication Wall:
- Chulapol will visit Howell County Outpost for ideas on designs for the plaques.
Book Club Common Reader “Garbology”:
- There is a link on the Staff Senate Blog page. There have been no responses thus far.
Battery Recycling Effort:
- Option #2 (in conjunction with the Friends of the Garnett Library) received the most votes. Motion made by Grayson Gordon to move forward with this option and seconded by Alyssa Collins. Chulapol will consult with Admin. Council for approval to move forward.
Lee Denim Day: Final count $422
Campus Chili Cookoff: Total raised $195
III. New Business
Common Reader Selection for next year:
- Voting is available on the Academics page until November 17th.
Mass Email Communication:
- Chulapol provided a draft of a survey to be sent out regarding mass emails that have been sent in the past to keep everyone updated on campus news, some of which is also relayed through “Take Note”. He has asked for comments or feedback by the end of the day on Tuesday, Nov. 11th and plans to get the survey out by next week.
Springfield Staff Senate Meeting:
- Chulapol and Grayson attended on November 6th. They will propose for West Plains campus to have a representative as a Senator to become part of the Springfield Staff Senate because the decisions they make, affect us. Currently, the Springfield Staff Senate is working on a Staff Satisfaction survey. Talks of updating our wellness benefits and fee waiver hours. Also discussions on sit and stand work stations. Motion to approve
IV. Next Meeting:
- December 5, 2014 10:30-11:30 AM in the Cass Hall conference room.