Lu Adams, Sharon Holland, Susan Turner, Becky Craig, Sylvia Kuhlmeier, Alyssa Collins, Diane Basom, Kristy Lawrence, Mark White, Scot Schneider, Roger Taylor, Dakota Bates, Mary Maupin, Sophia Slumin, Jill Stephens, Bronwen Madden, and Chulapol Thanomsing
Chancellor: Dr. Bennett Welcomed group with updates about state budget, wrapping up Kid’s College yesterday and math development challenges with incoming students.
Welcome New Employees: Kristy Lawrence, Executive Assistant IV (Chancellor’s Office) and Kerri Jones, Academic Advisor, (AACCESS)
- Administrative Assistant I, TRiP (Full Time Staff); Application deadline 7/25/2014
- Administrative Assistant II, U/CP (Full Time Staff); Application deadline 7/25/2014
- Director of Information Technology Services (Full Time Staff); Application deadline 7/25/2014
- History (Full Time Faculty, 9-Month Appointment); First date of consideration 6/20/2014. Open until filled. Search committee reviewing applications.
- Dean of Students Services (Full Time Staff)
- All parking lots are being resurfaced. The date is TBD but info will be sent shortly for planning.
- Missouri Hall (Post Office bldg.) – waiting to hear from state on funding.
- Student Welcome Week and Back-to-School picnic to be discussed in the new business.
- Sylvia: Library resources (distributed bookmarks)
Library Express to prepare for standardized tests like GMAT. Theses are free services. Need to register at the library, can go to the website and access without having to go through MSU’s webpage. Workshop with Joan Write at Adult Literacy Center. Non-MSU students may also use by logging into portal to use database at no cost. New touch screen scanner system (automatically centers item and can plug USB in; has a duplex sheet feeder as well).
- Chulapol: Online Success Student Orientation, First time students are taking online courses automatically enrolled in orientation course. Students can self-enroll (Blackboard). It helps get the information out to all departments; it helps keep the communication on campus easily available.
Approval of Minutes:
- Motion to approve: Sophia
- Second: Diane
- Approved: All
II. Old Business
2014/15 Meeting Schedules:
- Please review to ensure no conflicts with university activities. Staff Senate meetings will continue to be on the first Friday of every month unless there is a holiday where it moves to the second Friday.
- Schedules will be updated and added to Staff Senate’s website.
- Habitat for Humanity project update: Project is available should we choose to accept. Mary K. will update in the next meeting.
- Adopt-A-Street option. Scott has no update.
Staff Dedication Wall:
- Asking for ideas finding funding sources
III. New Business
Small Business Incubator tour and Aug. Meeting:
- Friday, Aug. 1st Staff Senate meeting to be located at the OzSBI facility to see the office and tour. Motion to have meeting made Jill and second by Sylvia.
Common Reading “Garbology”:
- Common Reading Book: Garbology; all students will be required to read this book. It will be added to the students’ coursework. Suggested to start a reading group to better communicate with students.
- May have a battery recycling initiative.
Student Back-to-School Picnic:
- Aug. 14 from noon to 1:00; will be a BBQ; Located at Country Meadows (grassy area behind bear)
- Aug. 15 from noon to 1:00; picnic at People’s Park
- Wed., Aug. 20th from 11:00 to 1:00 p.m. paid by student life (no cost)
- Action Item: Need estimate of number of students so we know how many packs to make. Request for staff to organize gift packets and to help set-up and serve food. Roger will send a message with more information. Must use personal funds for gift packets (DO NOT use University funds)
IV. Next Meeting
August 1 2014 (10:30 – 11:30 a.m.) at the Ozarks Small Business Incubator (OzSBI); arrive early for a facilities tour and join us for a group lunch following the meeting at the Ozarks Pizza Company just up the street on Washington Ave.