Kileene Collins, Bronwen Madden, Mary Kellum, Karla Bean, Sharath Rongali, Grayson Gordon, Alice Smith, Sheila Barton, Amanda Niemotka, Alyssa Collins, Caitlin Crouse, Lu Adams, Mary Maupin, CJ Collins, Sylvia Kuhlmeier, Kris Brinkerhoff, Michelle Branton and Chulapol Thanomsing
Chancellor: Hoping to receive a 5.2% increase; waiting on veto session. Dr. Bennett shared a “Year in Review” video, highlighting MSU-WP activities and accomplishments last year. The video will be available on You Tube soon and he encouraged everyone to share the video.
Welcome New Employees: None
- Director of Information Technology Services (Full Time Staff); Interviews in progress.
- Dean of Student Services (Full Time Staff); Reviewing applications.
- General Buyer, Drago College Store (Full Time Staff); Reviewing applications.
- Part Time Ag (Green House, TAACCCT)
- Pat Walsh, January 1, 2015
Capital Projects: No report provided.
- Mosers Pre-Retirement Seminar – October 1, 2014
- Career Fair – September 25, 2014 9am – 2pm in the Rec. Center – Alice Smith is needing student volunteers.
- Ozark Symposium – September 18-20 at the Civic Center.
- Small Business Incubator – Bronwen will be out all next week.
- TRiO is still taking applications for students.
- TAACCCT – they originally were hoping for at least 10 students and they currently have 17 enrolled.
- Garnett Library – They have resourses available to accompany the “Garbology” initiative, including books for younger children. Elder Mountain 5th Addition books are available in the Library and for purchase at the Drago College Store. Friends of the Garnett Library are looking for members. Students are $5, Regular memberships are $25
Approval of Minutes:
- Motion to approve: Sheila Barton
- Second: Kileene Collins
- Approved: All
II. Old Business
- Habitat For Humanity has had a delay in the beginning of their build. Mary will provide dates for available volunteer opportunities.
Staff Dedication Wall:
- Looking for ideas for placement of the plaques, once they are completed. Chulapol asked for all to review the faculty senate plaques on the second floor of Melton to see if we want to use the same design. Will vote on it in a future meeting.
Book Club Common Reader “Garbology”: No report or update provided.
- Ended up with 70 Welcome Week gift bags. Thanks to all that contributed and a special thanks to Sheila Barton and Lu Adams for help in filling the bags.
III. New Business
Staff Emeritus :
- Kathy Schloss, Diane Basom and Dr. Lunday have all been nominated and approved by the Chancellor. Grayson made a motion to approve all three nominations; seconded by Lu Adams; All approved.
Campus Chili Cookoff:
- Mary Kellum asked the group if they want to have a campus chili cookoff in October – group agreed. It was also made known the winner of the cookoff has the option to enter the city wide chili cookoff, but not mandatory.
- Mary Kellum advised the group we are to be mindful and sensitive to any religious holidays when scheduling events.
- Lu Adams will follow up on this initiative. Dr. Bennett is in favor of it as long as we are not competing with the City of West Plains and would prefer if we keep it a campus project, not to include outside entities.
IV. Next Meeting
October 3, 2014 (10:30 – 11:30) in Cass Hall.