In attendance: Michelle Branton, Kileene Collins, Jennifer Walker, Sophia Skinner, Terri Combs, Moiria Seiber, Kathy Mann, Joan Wright, Marcella Bean, Stanley Mugeki, Anyta Cavitt, Carrie Steen, Keri Elrod, Bruce Cavitt, Angela Marcak, Karla Bean, Scott Schneider, Bill Brown, and Jared Cates.
- For more than 10 years, students at Missouri State-West Plains have scored above the national average in all categories of the Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency (CAAP) examination. Graduates have scored at or above the national average in all five subject areas for 21 consecutive years.
- On Nov. 22, a federal judge put a preliminary injunction in place on the implementation of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime pay requirement. As a result, Missouri State University is evaluating the FLSA implementation plan for the Missouri State System. Proposed salary increases will take place as planned; the rest of the plan will be reviewed with a tentative date of Monday, Dec. 5, set for making a decision on how to proceed.
Welcome new employee: Stanley Mugeki, Residence Life Manager
- Michelle Branton announced she has been offered another position at East Central College in Union, MO., and Laurie Wall will act as interim President until her actual term begins in 2017.
President Elect Report: No report given
Secretary Report: No report given
Treasurer Report: $739.64 in our account
- Dec. 8 Last day of classes
- Dec. 12-15 Final exam period
- Dec. 12-16 Final grade entry
- Faculty/Staff support recommendations for issues & solutions should be sent to Jacob Poulette. He will add yours to his google doc. or he can send you a link to the existing doc. so you can view it.
- Administrative Evaluations committee: Bill Brown (chair), Angela Marcak, Jared Cates, Kathy Mann and possibly Carrie Steen.
- Staff Senate Mission Statement: Michelle will send out the current mission statement, Springfield’s current mission statement, and the proposed revised mission statement, for our review and to be discussed at next meeting.
- Holiday Pot Luck Luncheon, December 2, 2016, hosted by Academic Affairs, 11:00-1:30 in Lybyer 103-105. All are welcome.
- First Staff Senate meeting spring 2017 will be Thursday, February 2, 2017. (No Staff Senate meeting in January).