Approval of Minutes:
- Meeting was called to order at 3:09 pm in L200 by Vice President Jill Stephens
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- STAC Vice President Jill Stephens reported on behalf of board member Kelly Becker that plans for the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month were proceeding and that information about the campaign will be given to faculty and staff in the near future.
STAC Name Change:
- Vice President Jill Stephens reported that board member Lee Anna Kinder has not had the opportunity to discuss the recent name change of the Staff Senate at Springfield with its president. Further discussion about a proposed name change was tabled.
New STAC Brochure:
- Board member Melissa Smith agreed to develop a new STAC brochure that will be given to new employees as part of the STAC’s welcome packet for new staff employees. The brochure will include information about STAC and its purpose.
New Employee Packets:
- Treasurer Joan Ragon said she has completed three welcome packets for new staff employees and will make a fourth to give the four new staff members recently hired. Board members discussed when packets should be presented to new staff members and decided that, in the future, they will be given during the orientation sessions.
- Board members discussed a request to reinstate designated “dress down” or “jeans” days. Vice President Jill Stephens said she has emailed Chancellor Thomas about the matter and that he has asked STAC to develop a policy. After a lengthy discussion, which included a review of the dress code section of the Employee’s Handbook, Stephens said she would work up a proposal and distribute it to Executive Board members via email for comment. Once finalized, the proposal would be sent to Chancellor Thomas for approval.
Bylaws Review Committee:
- Vice President Jill Stephens said she asked Becky Estes from Drago College Store and Jamie Ball from the Admissions Office to serve on the Bylaws Review Committee, and they agreed. Stephens said the committee will meet soon to review the current bylaws and develop a report for the STAC Executive Board on suggested changes.
- Board member Melissa Smith reminded that the Fourth Annual Faculty/Staff Pig Roast is at 6:30 pm Aug. 24 at Vernon Cooper’s Farm. Games and contests are planned, and she encouraged everyone to attend.
The next STAC Executive Board meeting will be at 3 pm Aug. 27 in L200.