Staff Senate Mission Statement:
The Staff Senate serves as a liaison to administration as an advocate for staff welfare and productivity, in conjunction with the University’s mission, to support, improve, innovate and promote academic excellence.
University Mission Statement:
Missouri State University-West Plains empowers students to achieve personal success and to enrich their local and global communities. As a two-year public institution, we provide accessible, affordable, and quality educational opportunities.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of October Meeting Minutes
- Chancellor’s Report
- Welcome Guests
- Scot Scobee- MSU Springfield, Director of Human Resources
- Jeff Getty’s – MSU Springfield Staff Senate Representative
- Brenda Smith – Faculty Senate Chair
- Brenda Polyard – COVID Response Team Report
- President’s Report (Jared)
- Welcome New Full-Time Staff Member- Susannah Kelley
- Admin Council Report
- Staff Excellence in University Service Award deadline is Nov. 13.
- Granvil Vaughan Founder’s Award-Memo from the Chancellor. Deadline for submission of nominee is February 1.
- Committee Updates
- Grizzly Strong Committee – Encourage staff to share the “Thank You” messages on social media.
- Grizzly Ambassadors Program Committee. Springfield HR has reviewed final draft. The committee will be meeting on November 16 to discuss the next steps.
- Employee Recognition Luncheon Discussion – Feedback from the staff
- Meeting location and format for Spring 2021- Feedback from the staff
- Staff Emeritus Vote – Margie Griffin. Discussion on Staff Emeritus Wall.
- President Elect Report (Amber)
- Secretary Report (Kileene)
- Treasurer Report (Alex)
- Lee Denim Days Report
- Department, Committee Reports, and other Updates
- Free Flu Shots: Flu vaccinations are still available. Please contact Marcie Bean or Karla Bean for availability and scheduling. Immediate family members are not required to be on the MSU medical plan.
- Benefits Open Enrollment: Open enrollment for the 2021 benefits year will run from Nov. 1, 2020 through Dec. 1, 2020. Please review your benefits in MyMissouriState under the Profile tab and Employment Details channel.
- United Way Campaign: Missouri State-West Plains faculty and staff have generously contributed $5,450 to date toward the United Way Campaign goal of $6,000. Make your donation today by completing the pledge card and sending it to Alyssa Collins in Kellett Hall by the Dec. 10 deadline.
- Featured LinkedIn Learning Courses Available. More information provided in Take Note.
- Upcoming Events and Important Dates: For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
11/20 – STAR Orientation12/2 – Grizzmas Game Night12/4 – STAR Orientation
- 12/3 – Last Day of Fall semester classes
- 11/25-11/27 – Thanksgiving Break (No Classes/Offices Closed)
- Next Meeting: December 10 @ 10:30am – Via Zoom