Staff Senate Mission Statement:
The Staff Senate serves as a liaison to administration as an advocate for staff welfare and productivity, in conjunction with the University’s mission, to support, improve, innovate and promote academic excellence.
University Mission Statement:
Missouri State University-West Plains empowers students to achieve personal success and to enrich their local and global communities. As a two-year public institution, we provide accessible, affordable, and quality educational opportunities.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of March Meeting Minutes
- Chancellor’s Report
- Welcome Guests
- Brenda Polyard – COVID Response Team Report
- Jill Murphy – Assistant Director, Human Resources – Talent Acquisition
- Brenda Smith – Faculty Senate Chair
- President’s Report (Jared)
- Admin Council Report
- Congratulations to the Grizzly Volleyball team for punching their ticket to the NJCAA National Tournament! Grizzlies play at 3:45 pm on Thursday, April 15th.
- Reminder of Town Hall Meeting- Wednesday, April 14 @ 11:30 am via Zoom
- Vaccination Clinic with Ozarks Healthcare-Friday, April 9 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm in Lybyer
- Next Executive Budget Meeting will be Monday, April 12 @ 3:30 pm. Contact Dr. Schneider for more information.
- All full-time employees are encouraged to submit a nomination for the Part-Time Employee of the Year Award. Deadline is April 16th. Contact Alyssa Collins for more information.
- Celebration of Leaders – nomination period extended until April 12. Please take a moment to nominate a student(s).
- Custodial Foreman (Full-time staff) – Charles Rietman started April 1, 2021.
- Drago College Store Spring Sale – 4/5 – 4/16
- 40% off all regular priced clothing
- 60% off all clearance
- Staff Senate T-Shirt Update-Rachel Peterson
- 2021-2022 Staff Senate Cabinet Vote
- President Elect, Treasurer, and Secretary
- President Elect Report (Amber)
- Secretary Report (Kileene)
- Treasurer Report (Alex)
- Department Updates & Committee Reports
- Committee Updates
- Grizzly Ambassador Program – Final details are being wrapped up. There will be more details sent to WP Staff Senate and WP Faculty Senate, as well as on Take Note, soon. The GAP is in need of a representative from Staff Senate to serve on the GAP coordinating committee. Duties would begin May 1 and run through the first year of the program. Are there any staff members interested?
- Grizzly Strong – The Grizzly Strong Banner and Sticker project is complete. A big thank you to our donor, the Physical Plant staff, and Imperial Graphics for their help in making this project a success. An order has been placed for the Grizzly Strong Care Cards. It was decided by Chancellor Lancaster to continue the Grizzly Strong efforts during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Committee Updates
- Department Reports
- 2022 Wellness Incentive Information: https://www.missouristate.edu/Human/wellness-incentive.htm
- Upcoming Events & Important Dates: For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
4/9- Community COVID Vaccination Clinic
4/12- ASK Week
4/19- Registration Begins
4/20- David Anthony-Comedy Hypnotist @ 7 pm in the WPCC Theater
4/23-4/25 – OzCon (Virtual Event)
4/29- Celebration of Leaders @ 7 pm in the WPCC Arena
5/6- Last day of Spring classes
5/7- Employee Appreciation Picnic from 12-2 pm @ Amphitheater
5/10-5/13- Spring 2021 Final Examination Period
- Next Meeting: May 13 @ 10:30am