Staff Senate Mission Statement:
The Staff Senate serves as a liaison to administration as an advocate for staff welfare and productivity, in conjunction with the University’s mission, to support, improve, innovate and promote academic excellence.
University Mission Statement:
Missouri State University-West Plains empowers students to achieve personal success and to enrich their local and global communities. As a two-year public institution, we provide accessible, affordable, and quality educational opportunities.
- Call To Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Chancellor’s Report
- COVID Response Team Report-Scott Schneider
- Welcome Guests
- Brenda Smith – Faculty Senate Chair
- Josh Allen– Associate Director, Human Resources
- President’s Report (Jared)
- Admin Council Report
- Fall Employee Picnic Alternative Event. Discuss date and time.
- Faculty/Staff Survey-deadline September 16, noon
- Mask Up Ozarks Campaign
- MSU Performance Management for Supervisors. September 23rd– 9:30 to 11:30 am or 1:00 to 3:00 pm
- Save the date- Employee Benefits Fair-Wednesday, October 14th @ Rec Center
- Save the date- Flu Shot/Biometrics Clinic-Thursday, October 15th @ Rec Center
- Reminder to mark your calendars for September 24th @ 10:30 am-President Smart will be visiting Staff Senate to provide updates/answer questions. This will be an in person and Zoom option. Details will be forthcoming.
- Committee Updates
- Grizzly Strong Committee
- Staff Ambassadors Committee
- Shared Leave Representative- Rachel Peterson
- Staff Senate Zoom Meeting Links are on Master Calendar for access.
- Zumba Opportunity for staff
- Part-Time Representative Opportunity
- Special Recognition
- Admin Council Report
- President Elect Report (Amber)
- Secretary Report (Kileene)
- Treasurer Report (Alex)
- Department, Committee Reports, and other Updates
- IT- Week of Sept 13 – Self Service Password Reset, Faculty, Staff and Students
- Upcoming Events and Important Dates: For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
9/15- Joe and Nick’s VCR Party @ 7 pm – virtual format in theater
9/24- State of the University Address @ 2 pm @ WPCC Theater
- Next Meeting: Thursday, October 8th – 10:30am
- Poll of meeting location options