Staff Senate Mission Statement:
The Staff Senate serves as a liaison to administration as an advocate for staff welfare and productivity, in conjunction with the University’s mission, to support, improve, innovate and promote academic excellence.
University Mission Statement:
Missouri State University-West Plains empowers students to achieve personal success and to enrich their local and global communities. As a two-year public institution, we provide accessible, affordable, and quality educational opportunities.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Chancellor’s Report
- Welcome Guests
- Stacy Tintocalis Executive Director Heart of the Ozarks United Way
- Denise Lofton – Interim Assistant Director of Human Resources-Benefits
- Jeff Getty’s – MSU Springfield Staff Senate Representative
- Brenda Smith – Faculty Senate Chair
- Brenda Polyard – COVID Response Team/Celebratory Success Story
- President’s Report (Jared)
- Admin Council Report
- Staff Excellence Award deadline is Nov. 13.
- Current Searches
- Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach (Full-time staff). App closed: 10/14/2020
- Online Course Coordinator/Instructional Designer (Full-time staff). App deadline 11/06/2020
- Good news on state appropriations
- Instagram and Twitter training guides have been developed. Facebook and Snapchat training guides are in the works. Contact Colter Billings for more information.
- BOG Meeting this Friday, October 16, 2020 via Zoom. Link provided on the MSU Springfield website.
- Christmas/Holiday Luncheon Discussion-Feedback from the staff
- Employee Recognition Luncheon Discussion-Feedback from the staff
- Thank you to all who attended the Alternative Fall Employee Picnic. We had a wonderful time of fun and fellowship
- Meeting location update. Feedback from the staff
- Committee Updates
- Grizzly Strong Committee
- Grizzly Ambassadors Program Committee
- Part-Time Representative. Nomination received-Marcie Bean. Vote.
- Admin Council Report
- President Elect Report (Amber)
- Secretary Report (Kileene)
- Treasurer Report (Alex)
- October 23rd-Lee Denim Days
- Department, Committee Reports, and other Updates
- UC/P: Midwest Ghouling Pianos, Oct 27 at 7 pm at the Amphitheater. This is a free event. (Weather plan WPCC)
- HR: Voting Leave Policy: 7.12 https://www.missouristate.edu/policy/G7_02_7_LeaveBenefits.htm
- Upcoming Events and Important Dates: For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
10/26- ASK Week Kick-Off
- Next Meeting: Thursday, November 12th – 10:30am – Via Zoom