Staff Senate Mission Statement:
The Staff Senate serves as a liaison to administration as an advocate for staff welfare and productivity, in conjunction with the University’s mission, to support, improve, innovate and promote academic excellence.
University Mission Statement:
Missouri State University-West Plains empowers students to achieve personal success and to enrich their local and global communities. As a two-year public institution, we provide accessible, affordable, and quality educational opportunities.
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of November Meeting Minutes
- Chancellor’s Report- Dr. Lancaster will not be attending our meeting today, as he is attending the Board of Governors meeting.
- Welcome Guests
- Bart Kelley – Business Process and Reporting Analyst, Office of Human Resources
- Jeff Getty’s – MSU Springfield Staff Senate Representative
- Brenda Smith – Faculty Senate Chair
- Scott Schneider – COVID Response Team Report
- President’s Report (Jared)
- Admin Council Report
- $600 base pay increase
- Carol Silvey’s non-credit course
- Women in Leadership in the 20th Century
- May use the non-credit fee waiver to cover the $50 cost
- Course is scheduled to meet from 6 to 9 p.m. each day Jan. 4, 6 and 7. Enrollment must be complete by 5 p.m. Dec. 18
- Reminder staff may wear jeans with Grizz Gear and Supervisor approval during the week of December 14-18
- Nominations sought for Granvil Vaughn Founder’s Award
- Staff Senate Mugs/Welcome Packets
- Committee Updates
- Grizzly Strong Committee – Grizzly Country Banner/Grizzly head sticker. Student is current researching costs and gathering details for presentation.
- Grizzly Ambassadors Program Committee – Final draft of the GAP was distributed to members of Admin Council on 12/8. We will review the details at the 12/15 meeting. Hopeful to present at January Staff Senate meeting.
- Food Pantry – Tour of MSU Springfield’s Bear Pantry. Discussion has reopened for what a program might look like for our campus.
- Admin Council Report
- President Elect Report (Amber)
- Secretary Report (Kileene)
- Treasurer Report (Alex)
- Department, Committee Reports, and other Updates
- Free Virtual Mental Health Sessions: Stressed from COVID, politics and the holidays? Join a virtual mental health session for tips on finding joy and peace.
- The 2021 Payroll Calendars are now available online.
- Electronic W-2 Annual Wage and Tax Statements: If you would like to receive your 2020 W-2 electronically, please give consent by January 1. If you have signed up previously, your selection is still active.
- Upcoming Events and Important Dates: For a complete list of events please go to https://calendar.wp.missouristate.edu/
12/15 – Transcripts with final grades available
12/21 – 1/1 – Offices closed. Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday’s to each of you!
- Next Meeting: January 14 @ 10:30am – Via Zoom