In attendance: Laurie Wall, Jennifer Walker, Kileene Collins, Rachel Peterson, Jill Stephens, Missi Jett, Becky Estes, Bruce Cavitt, Sylvia Kuhlmieier, Angela Marcak, Anyta Cavitt, CJ Collins, Grayson Gordon, Kelly Becker, Kathy Man, Krista Lair, Bill Brown, Sharon Holland, Rhonda Cobb, Scott Schneider, Mary Kellum, Wayne Cahoj, and Sharath Rongali
- Special Executive Budget Committee meeting at 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 10, in Melton Hall Room 112. We will be addressing the more specific impact to Missouri State-West Plains. All faculty, staff and students are invited.
- Congratulations to Bruce Cavitt for winning 1st place in the city wide chili cook-off.
- Homecoming game Saturday, Feb. 11
Welcome new employee: Rhonda Cobb, General Buyer Drago College Store.
- Reminder to check your leave balances before June.
- Homecoming this week. Jeans can be worn Friday but we must maintain a professional appearance.
- Title III grant is being written.
- HLC process is ongoing.
- Hass-Darr bid will be submitted to BOG for approval.
- Alert System updates will be coming.Laurie will update our By-Laws for future occurrences involving the President Elect stepping into the President role, due to a vacancy and the need to fill the President Elect position before the next election. She will present the updates during our March meeting and then they will be sent to the Chancellor and BOG for approval.
- For March meeting, be prepared to bring nominations for upcoming Staff Senate elections that will be voted on during our April meeting.
Secretary’s Report: No report
Treasurer’s Report: $889.64
- IT: Degree Works will go live March 13; Server upgrades will occur Feb. 18, 19 & 20 during our three day weekend.
- Admissions: Red Carpet Day this Friday, Feb. 10 and Feb. 17; Planning for future Game Nights involving students and staff.
- Book Store: Coupons for staff to save 20% on Grizzly Gear are good through Friday, Feb. 10; They are preparing for graduation.
- TRiO: Academic Specialist position is available and will be pursuing “in house” applicants that may be losing their position due to ending of a grant or budget cuts; Kathy Mann completed her Master Advising training; Preparations are underway for the “Passport Program” which is open to all students.
- Library: Friends of the Garnett Library Chili Supper is Saturday 4:30-6:30. $7.50 adults and $4.00 children (Includes chili, drink, dessert and a complimentary game ticket). Volunteers and desserts are needed; Desserts can be dropped off between 11am and 4pm. at the Civic Center.
- Teacher Education: Curriculum changes are coming.
- Faculty Senate: Mary Kellum and Sylvia Kuhlmeier will be our representatives at Faculty Senate meetings. Laurie shared an article, “Prevention of Bullying on Campus” and a letter from Faculty Senate in regards to being supportive of staff senate and their desire to help us.
- Discussion of mission statement. Laurie will look at the newest mission statement just released for the campus and begin looking into making revisions to ours and we will discuss at our March meeting.
- Chili Cook-Off on Feb. 4, winner Bruce Cavitt won $150.00 for 1st place and he donated it to the Staff Senate.
- Diversity activities: Grayson proposed to present diversity activities during our staff senate meetings and all approved. First activity will be at our March meeting.
- Battery Recycling: Batteries can be taken to Mary Kellum’s office to store until Scott Schneider makes a trip to Springfield to deliver them.
- Reverse Evaluation Committee Report (Evaluating supervisors): Bill Brown and committee will present at March meeting.
- Motion to grant Donna Bassham and Janet Surface for staff emeritus approved.
- Staff Senate event ideas are being sought.
- Laurie met with Rajiv Thakur to discuss ways to get staff and faculty together for events; Joint volunteer opportunities will be looked into, more to follow.
- Excellence in Public Affairs award nominations: Brenda Polyard and Dennis Lancaster.
- Congratulations to Jennifer Walker for receiving the Staff Excellence in University Service award and to all of the 5+ years of service award winners!
Next meeting: March 2, 10:30 am Cass Hall conference room.